Monday, July 20, 2009

4 month check up

Bella had her 4 month check up today. But before we get to that ... let's talk about how unhappy Bella was all day today. I'm convinced it's because we leveled her mattress so she hasn't been sleeping on an incline for a few days now. She was sleeping "tilted" to help with her reflux. We leveled it because she kept rolling (even though we had the sleep positioner) and getting stuck every night in the rails. Today she kept having hysterical fits if I put her down. And my normal way to soothe her didn't work. I had to hold her over my shoulder ... so it made me think she needed to be vertical ... which means it could be her reflux. So we've tilted her mattress again and see if that helps.

Then she had her doctors appointment & 3 shots and that made things even worse! I gave her tylenol before going to the doctor and she seemed okay, but tired. She didn't sleep much today (partly because she was crying and partly because she woke up at 8:45am!) and actually fell asleep after seeing the doctor, while we waited for the nurse. The nurse came in and woke her up & gave her 3 shots. She was hysterical!! Tears streaming down her face and screaming. I finally calmed her down and she finally fell asleep in the car. As soon as I got her home I put her in the swing so she could nap but she woke up and screamed & cried for nearly an hour. Poor baby.
However, we got a great report from the doctor! Bella weighs 15 lbs 6 oz and is 26" long. She's in the 50th percentile for height, 50th percentile for weight & 49th percentile for her head size (don't remember what it was). She's doing wonderful, and we got the "ok" to pierce her ears! Looks like someone's going to have some dazzling jewelry in her near future. The doctor also said to wait until she's 6 months to start cereal. I had a feeling we wouldn't be starting now ... since she's had so many tummy issues.
Here are a few pictures from today...

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Not another Waterworks!! Your family really only needs one of those. Work on having a boy next....that may be the only thing to counteract it...

    As she's maturing, I'm starting to see a lot more Tyler in her. She's a good mix of both of you guys (guess that's why she's adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the last picture! Bella crying?!? I don't believe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Bella is having a better day! Shots are no fun!

    ReplyDelete