Wednesday, January 20, 2010

happiness is in the details

Well I woke up a little gloomy today. From the moment I opened my eyes things seemed to go “wrong”. But as the day continued & I started focusing on the blessings I have, things started to look up.

So here are a few things that made me smile today …

Each morning I hear Bella waking up on the monitor. I go into her nursery and flip on the light. Then kneel down next to her crib so we’re at eye level and she instantly has the biggest, most adorable smile on her face. Her whole face lights up and you can see a sparkle in her eye. Then she reaches her hand through the rails of her crib & I kiss her hand … then she presses her forehead up to the rails to “kiss” me.

My heart melts.

How can I have a bad day when it starts like this?!?IMG_0418

Bella and I went to Target to pick up a few things …

We got some goodies for her FIRST birthday party. This makes me smile and also breaks my heart a little. How is she turning one in March? How did she go from this …

Picture 020grandma!

to this … ??

IMG_0439

Bella and I found some great cupcake items for her birthday party AND I called about renting a gazebo for the big event! I have wonderful ideas that I’m trying to make come to life for by precious pumpkin! :)

Party planning … for my Bella … that makes me smile!

A big smile today was due to a sweet stranger at Target. I just finished loading my “Green” Reusable bags (Thank You Janet! LOVE THEM!) in the car when a lovely lady walked up to me and asked if she could return my buggy to the Cart Return in the parking lot for me. Simply because. I said yes thank you and took Bella out of the cart. She walked a little out of her way in the parking lot and returned my cart for me. Such a simple act of kindness and it made my day.

It’s my turn to pass it on …

Tyler made me smile today. As usual. He actually asked me to post something on Facebook. If you know Tyler, you know this is something.

Something big. :)

IMG_0634I told him I posted the photo he requested as well as a picture of him in his new glasses and his response was:

“I’m not ready for the world to see those. Now I'm going to get swamped with emails and facebooks of how GQ I look.”

And yes … he did say facebooks.

Tyler made an announcement last night at dinner. Literally said “I have an announcement to make.”

And it is that he weighs 200 pounds now! That lucky duck has mysteriously managed to loose 35 pounds. (sorry Tyler, for telling the world and my dedicated blog fans how much you used to weigh)

So a big Congrats to my Tyler.

Bella and I visited both sets of Great Grandparents this week and we enjoyed some quality time with everyone!

Here are a few photos from today (didn’t have my camera yesterday … boo)

IMG_0653 IMG_0654

A 2 dollar bill! Why thank you!IMG_0655

These photos are sure to make you smile!

IMG_0619 IMG_0621 IMG_0632

PS – Have I mentioned that Bella is now CRAWLING?

PPS – Did I also mention Bella was selected as one of the babies for the commercial she auditioned for? More details and photos to follow about this!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey girl she is so beautiful! how is all the stomach issuse going? I can't beleive she is almost 1! check out my blog if you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Allison! I'm glad that your sweet baby and husband made your day better. And how awesome for someone to be so sweet to take your cart back at the store. Tell Tyler his new glasses are awesome, and congrats on his -35 lbs. Or maybe I'll just facebook him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet post! Aren't the babies just too cute...even when they are wearing you out! :) Tyler looks very...GQ...sure...let's go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stuff about Tyler made me chuckle. I am surprised he isn't on the magazine cover! I wish I lost weight that fast.... dang it.

    Can't wait to see Bella in the commercial :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please do keep your eyes peeled. I search daily, with no success. If your clients need to get rid of theirs I will GLADY take it.

    If I had the first book I would loan it to you, but I have been checking them out from the library. You need to check it out at the Bedford one.

    ReplyDelete