Thursday, May 7, 2009

8 weeks old!

We've had a big, exciting week so far and I know the best is yet to come! Bella turned 8 weeks old on Tuesday and she weighed 8 lbs 8 oz when I took her to the hopsital for her follow up newborn screening test. She was exactly 2 pounds heavier than the day she was born - yea!! Here she is, pretty in pink on Tuesday.
Tell me .... how cute is this outfit? Another one of my mom's friend at work, Tonya, had a precious preemie and she gave me some of her clothes for Bella. Doesn't my mom have some wonderful friends??

Oh this is my favorite. It literally melts my heart when she smiles. She loves to smile when I kiss her ... :)

Grandma and I took Bella back to the GI doctor today and according to their scale she weighs NINE pounds TWO ounces!!!!! She's gained TWO pounds in the last TWO weeks!!! She's our little piggie! They think she's making up for lost time and should "level out" soon.

The doctor thinks her belly is still irritated from the small amount of milk/soy protiens in the Alimentum (her current formula) so we've changed her formula again. She's now on Neocate, which is a special hypoallergenic formula that is amino acid based. What does that mean? I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's man made proteins that are in the simplest form so it doesn't bother Bella's belly

We are also going for a suck/swallow study to observe how she eats because the NP saw Bella eat and said she doesn't have a good suction while nursing. I could have told you that! We'll see what they say.



And we're starting Bella on reflux medicine so that should help also!


Here are pictures from today. Doesn't Bella look pretty in the BEAUTIFUL sweater Grandma made for her?? My mom is very talented and Bella loves to be with her and show off her handy work!




Here are a few more pictures from earlier in the week. Our little purple monster. :)

We have a big weekend ahead of us! Saturday we are going to Tucker's First Birthday party (yea!!) and going to Aunt Jen & Uncle Brad's house to celebrate Brad's Birthday and Mother's Day. This is Bella's first trip to their house ... she'll be able to hang out with John on his own turf. :)
On Sunday Tyler, Bella and I will be celebrating my first Mother's Day!!!
I'll post pictures of our exciting weekend soon!

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I love the purple on her too. Glad she is doing better and hopefully the new formula works better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny... I think we gave her both of those outfits (the cherries and the purple)! We are so stylish!

    ReplyDelete