Monday, November 1, 2010

Goodbye October

October has come & gone and it’s a bit hard to believe November is here!

Here’s a glimpse of our last few weeks …

Tyler & I took Bella to the State Fair. IMG_4574 - Copy  

She “worked” on the farm.

IMG_4582

Enjoyed seeing all the animals!

IMG_4599

And stole my corn dog.

IMG_4606

We took Bella to a local pumpkin farm & then went to a park for a picnic and some fun on the playground!

IMG_4642

DSCF5595We visited the Dallas Arboretum with Grandma, Aunt Jen, John & Matthew & Diana. 

There were thousands of pumpkins, face painting, music, beautiful gardens and we brought a yummy picnic to enjoy!

What a fun day!   

DSCF5670 DSCF5696

Although the day at the Arboretum wore us out!

 IMG_0027   

We ended the month with a fabulous Halloween full of games, candy, yummy dinner and a great party planned by Aunt Jen!

IMG_0068 IMG_0070 IMG_0078 IMG_0091 IMG_0095

Bella was an adorable ballerina and John made a fantastic pirate!  IMG_0107 IMG_0101

Matthew couldn’t be cuter as a parrot.IMG_0112 IMG_0116

Unfortunately I couldn’t go trick-or-treating since I’m on bed rest.

Haven’t heard the news?

Well here’s the skinny on me and sweet Lilly.

At my 28 week appointment the doctor saw signs of pre-eclampsia … which is what I developed while pregnant with Bella & what caused my hospital bed rest & Bella’s early induced arrival.

I was sent to the hospital and spent a good portion of the day there with Tyler & Bella, monitoring the baby & running tests on my liver, platelets, etc.

Turns out I do have low platelets again but since my blood pressure went down & stabilized they sent me home on bed rest.

I am going to weekly doctor’s visits, with weekly Non Stress Tests (to monitor Lilly) and weekly labs to check my liver function & platelet count.

Last week the doctor & labs showed that I am stable so will continue my “modified” bed rest until Lilly arrives.  When on bed rest with Bella they kept me in the hospital & I was only able to shower & go to the bathroom … so it was pretty strict.  This time I am home and am able to shower, sit at the computer, walk around the house as needed and drive to/from my weekly doctor’s visits.  No other driving, no shopping, no cleaning, no housework, laundry, etc.

I am 30 weeks and although bed rest with a toddler isn’t ideal, we’re making it work with the help of our wonderful family!  Lilly’s health is our priority and although we’re all anxious to meet her, she needs to keep cooking for a bit longer!

In other exciting Bella news ….

IMG_0127She is now sleeping in her big girl toddler bed!!! We started naps only a week ago and she mastered that after a few days.  Then we started having her sleep in there at night and last night was the first night she slept in there ALL night without a peep!  I went to check on her at 8am to be sure all was well and this is how I found her. :)

She’s also becoming a pro at eating with a fork & spoon!! 

IMG_4651

She learned (the hard way) not to chase the kitty under the bed.  Because she will get stuck. :)

IMG_4661

She’s getting brave! And climbing on everything!

(yes I realize this is dangerous …)

IMG_0029

And she’s just getting cuter and sweeter every day. Here she is modeling her new jeans from Grandma.

IMG_0036

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie pie you have!!! Thank you for posting an update!

    ReplyDelete