Wednesday, April 29, 2009

i give up ...

Bella has had her last taste of breastmilk ... because I've done all that I can, and I'm throwing in the towel. After many lactation consultations, countless of hours trying to breastfeed, more hours of pumping, taking herbs & vitamins, eating protein, gulping water & eliminating milk & soy from my diet, I've come to realize this just isn't working for us.
Do I feel like a bad mom? Sure.
Do I think maybe I could have tried harder? Sure.
But Bella is doing very well on her formula and she's gaining weight & that's all that matters!

Now I can spend the hours I was pumping and washing the parts with my sweet daughter & that makes me very happy! :)

Tomorrow Grams & I are taking Bella to Cooks for her ultrasound and hopefully we'll determine that she has no abnormalities & we can diagnose her reflux. I'll update later once we get results back.

Today we spent some time on the floor playing and doing tummy time. We used the blanket Aunt Jen made and we loved it! Here are a few photos from today ...




And one more of our silly little girl ... :)

3 comments:

  1. The pic with the blanket is too cute! Glad she liked it!! I want to make a blanket for Abbie's baby but I am toying with making my first quilt. hehe...we will see! :)The pic of her with the funny face is cute too. She looks like you for sure! I wouldn't feel too bad about her doing all formula. It will be much easier for you and just fine for her so that works out well! I told Brad and he said that is what formula is for!! Good luck at the dr's today and call me later. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you dare feel bad about going to all formula!! You have given it a fabulous effort...sometimes it just doesn't work out. (It was the same for me with a premie baby!)Enjoy the extra time with that precious girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures!! I hope she gained a lot more weight!

    ReplyDelete